01/06/17 — Section Manager W3BC is requesting volunteer applications for two key staff positions. I am looking for enthusiastic, qualified people to give their best efforts in these vital jobs. If you have the qualifications and the time to carry out this important work, please contact me by email: email@example.com and request an application packet for the job you are interested in.
WPA Section Youth Coordinator
- Maintain a current assessment of active youth amateur radio operators in the section, including those involved within clubs, Scouting and other youth organizations, and schools
- Promote youth-related on-air activities including ARRL Kid’s Day, Jamboree on the Air (JOTA), Field Day, and School Club Roundup
- Provide youth related ideas and resources to amateur radio clubs and individuals within the section
WPA Affiliated Club Coordinator
- Get to know the Amateur Radio clubs’ members and officers person to person in his section.
- Help clubs establish workable programs
- Encourage new clubs to become ARRL affiliated
- Ensure that annual reports (updates officers, liaison mailing addresses etc.) are forthcoming from all affiliated clubs
Recruitment of new hams and ARRL members is an integral part of the job of every ARRL appointee. Appointees should take advantage of every opportunity to recruit a new ham or member to foster growth of Field Organization programs, and our abilities to serve the public.
Pennsylvania Act 15 of 2015 requires anyone having “direct contact with children” to obtain clearances from the Pennsylvania State Police and the Department of Human Services. An FBI fingerprint records check is also required for those who have not resided in Pennsylvania continuously for ten (10) years preceding the application date. The Pennsylvania clearances may be obtained online, free of charge for people providing volunteer services. The FBI fingerprinting and records check is available to volunteers at a reduced price. If the FBI check is not required, the applicant must swear or affirm in writing that he or she is not disqualified from service based upon a conviction of an offense under §6344. Copies of clearances and statements must be submitted with all applications.