Hamfest Season is here, and several are already scheduled.
- The Pennsylvania State ARRL Convention will be held at the Harrisburg Firecracker Hamfest, Saturday, July 2nd at the Harrisburg Postal Service Shooting Range.
- The Northwest PA Hamfest will be held on Saturday, July 16 at the Wattsburg Wireless Association in Erie County at the club facility.
- The Somerset Hamfest will be held on Sunday, July 17 at the Somerset County Career and Technology Center.
- The Chambersburg Hamfest is slated for Saturday, July 30 at the Antique Engine and Machinery showgrounds.
- The 27nd Annual Uniontown Gabfest is scheduled for Saturday, August 13 at the W3PIE Clubhouse and grounds.
- The Skyview Swap N Shop is scheduled for Sunday, August 28 at the Clubhouse and grounds.
Several others are rumored but not yet confirmed. ===
The new FCC $35 fee for amateur radio application filing began on Tuesday, April 19th. There is no charge for administrative updates, such as address and name changes.
Everyone should note that Volunteer Examiners and the ARRL or other VE Coordinator will NOT collect the new $35 fee. The new fee must be submitted online directly to the FCC, beginning April 19th.
Important News from ARRL:
The FCC Universal Licensing System (ULS) electronic batch filing (EBF)
system has been down since midday Tuesday, April 19, 2022, which is
the day the FCC application fees became effective for amateur radio.
On Wednesday, in a notice to all VECs, the FCC asked them to refrain
from submitting any session or application files while they work to
resolve the issue.
The FCC did not estimate how long the system would be down.
Applicants should expect delays with license and application
Update, 8:00 pm Friday, April 22:
FCC Has Resumed Processing License Applications and Exam Session Files
The ARRL VEC reports the FCC Universal Licensing System (ULS) electronic batch filing (EBF) system is back online and functioning normally. The backlog of files will be processed through the system.
73 and Press ON!
From Joe, W3BC
Western Pennsylvania Section Manager